Thursday, April 13, 2017

Muslim driver delights his passengers with ‘Passover bus’


Video of the week: Arab-Israeli news anchor discusses the gas attack in Syria -   http://tinyurl.com/kl4u4lb


 (ED:- For the Passover holiday it’s traditional to cover working surfaces in the home. The Seder table represents the symbolic story of the exodus of the Jews from Egypt. The Afikoman is part of a Matza which is hidden and the children must find it in order to negotiate a gift from the family)

By Attila Somfalvi, Jewish World  12.04.17 - http://tinyurl.com/mylgq7z  

Ihab from Jerusalem decorated his bus with flowers and foil, commenting, ‘I wanted to make my passengers happy so that we’ll feel love for at least one day, in the hope that it’ll stay forever.’

A Muslim bus driver in Jerusalem decided to craft a holiday surprise for his ultra-Orthodox passengers and transformed his vehicle into a “Passover bus” with aluminum foil, flowers, and even a miniature Seder table.

·    Ihab drives his bus on the 77 line in Jerusalem, explained simply to Ynet, “I wanted to make my passengers happy so that we’ll feel love for at least one day, in the hope that it’ll stay forever.”

The passengers of Line 77 were greeted with flowers and balloons and a whole bus interior covered with aluminum foil. In the center of the vehicle was an improvised Seder table, and one of the passengers even found the Afikoman, receiving dinner for two as a prize.



Ihab didn’t really know how to render a bus (or anything else) kosher for Passover. “I don’t really understand that, because I’m not from the Jewish sector,” he said. “But a guy who works with me, Nadav Azariah, helped organize the ‘Seder night’—he set the table and bought the groceries.

“I thought about what to do. I bought flowers, I bought balloons, I decorated the bus, and it was beautiful. People were happy. I was moved, and the passengers were touched.”

This is not the first time that Ihab has delighted his Jewish passengers: “I also decorated the bus on Purim,” he said with a smile.


NEW ,VIEW OUR WEBSITE WWW.BRITISHISRAELGROUP.WEEBLY.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment